Awards & Financial Aid

The STS Graduate Program will endeavour to provide sufficient financial aid to any admitted student, MA or PhD. Internal aid takes the form of UBC affiliated awards, teaching assistantships, and research assistantships. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can also apply for Tri-Council aid from the Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Foreign students often have aid available through their own national research or pan-national councils.

UBC Graduate Student Scholarships, Awards and Funding

SSHRC Graduate Student Fellowships

NSERC Graduate Student Awards

CIHR Doctoral Awards

CIHR Master’s Awards